My Blog List

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Favorite Music and Films Are Related

WARNING: This post is picture happy


I just started getting into a new artist, Florence + the Machine. She has an album out, Lungs.

She also has many covers of songs by other artists out all over the internet.

She's covered:



Beirut's Postcards From Italy



Cold War Kids' Hospital Beds


Beyonce's Halo (she loves her some Beyonce)



And Lightspeed Champion's Galaxy of the Lost

She is actually pretty good friends with Devonte Hynes who is Lightspeed Champion and in the band, Test Icicles. He was briefly a member of the Machine in fact.




So, that's just the first sign of how all my music is related. I am a fan of Beirut, Cold War Kids, AND Lightspeed Champion.

Lightspeed Champion is one of my favorite artists, and he did a cover of Gypsy by one of my favorite bands, Fleetwood Mac (pictured below).

He also had members of Tilly and the Wall (pictured below), another one of my favorite bands, doing backup vocals on his first album.



Tilly and the Wall will also be backing vocals on songs on yet another one of my favorite bands, She & Him.



She & Him consists of actress, Zooey Deschanel on vocals, and musician, M. Ward on guitar.

Matt (M. Ward) is a member of another band, Monsters of Folk.



Monsters of Folk consists of Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis, who are in the band, Bright Eyes, Jim James, who is the frontman of My Morning Jacket, and Matt.

Conor has worked with members of Tilly and the Wall with his other band, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band.
Zooey has starred in 2 of my favorite films:



500 Days of Summer

and Eulogy!!



Zooey did backup vocals on a song of one of my favorite artists, Coconut Records.



Jason Schwartzman (Coconut Records) is an actor as well, and plays in one of my favorite shows that isn't a reality show, Bored to Death.



Zooey is also engaged to Ben Gibbard, who is the frontman of Death Cab For Cutie.


Ben, along with M. Ward and Conor Oberst all did a cover of the Traveling Wilburys' Handle With Care



The cover also included another of my favorite artists, Jenny Lewis, and was featured on her album, Rabbit Fur Coat, with the Watson Twins.



Jenny is the frontwoman of one of my favorite bands, Rilo Kiley.



Guitarist of Rilo Kiley, Blake Sennett, who is an actor, is the frontman of another band, the Elected.

Jenny is a childhood actress who played in a movie I liked to watch growing up, Troop Beverly Hills.



Along with many more movies.

Jenny is dating another of my favorite artists, Johnathan Rice.



Zooey Deschanel also did backup vocals on Jenny Lewis' song, Carpetbaggers, which also features one of my favorite artists, Elvis Costello.



Elvis played in the movie, 200 Cigarettes.



Which also stars another one my favorite artists, Courtney Love.



Courtney also played a small part in one of my favorite films, Sid & Nancy.



And Kevin Bacon's wife in another of my favorite films, Trapped.



Courtney was a brief member of another of my favorite bands, Babes in Toyland, and even had a fued that lasted for years with their frontwoman Kat Bjelland.


Courtney is the frontwoman of one of my all time favorite bands, Hole.



Whose drummer, Patti Schemel went on to briefly play drums in one of my favorite bands, Juliette and the Licks.



I've seen Juliette and the Licks live, and let me tell you, they put on a good show. I didn't get the pleasure of seeing them with Patti though, because she had already left them band.

Their lead singer, Juliette Lewis (do not confuse her with Jenny Lewis) is also an actress.

She played a mentally challenged girl in a movie I liked to watch with my mom as a kid, the Other Sister.



Juliette has also played in Natural Born Killers, many, many other films.


Courtney Love was married to Kurt Cobain of Nirvana, and had a child with him before his suicide.



Nirvana's drummer, Dave Grohl is also the frontman of Foo Fighters, and drummer of Probot (pictured below).



Probot features Lemmy who is the frontman of Motorhead.



Lemmy was also good friends with one of my favorite artists, Wendy O. Williams!!



Wendy fronted my favorite punk rock band, the Plasmatics.



It's amazing how you can take one person or band, and link them to a bunch of your other favorite bands. It's even more amazing how you can link them to your favorite films!!

This was a lot to remember, but I think I remembered to mention everyone.

No, wait!!

Courtney Love beat up Le Tigre frontwoman, Kathleen Hanna (the girl on the far right pictured below).



Kathleen is also married to Adam Horovitz of the Beastie Boys (on the far right pictured below).



I think I've got them all now.

The End.



No comments:

Post a Comment