My Blog List

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Hair is Alive

As you may already know from my previous post, my pompadour was believed to be killed by a harsh chemical and an occupied mother.

However, it's good news day here, I'm afraid.
After my classes today, I went home and began looking for an example of how I wanted my hair cut to take down to the beauty school where Porsha, a good friend of mine and my cousins', attends. 



Porsha is the lovely woman responsible for my hairstyle.
She was the first person to ever do my hair that way.

I texted Porsha asking if she would be available for the day or the next. 
She told me to come at 4.

It was already a little before 2 I believe.

I still had time to decide what I wanted to do.

I asked all of my Facebook friends, and I got various different responses.

(I will NEVER wear a mullet!!)

The most appealing to me was: "...It's because of the fact that you just relaxed it that it's not styling right but after you wash your hair a couple times it should be good."
I took these words of advice and washed my hair 3 times in a row, with 2 different types of shampoo.

And I must have conditioned 6 different times with 3 different conditioners.

Once I blow dried my hair, I could already see the thickness that was once there before I re-relaxed it.

AND VOILA!!





I styled it and the pompadour was back!!
Just hours before I was going in to chop it all off.
It's still a little thin and floppy, but it's coming back.

Relaxers are bittersweet.

They help, yet prevent.

And as for accusing my mother, I somewhat apologize.

Hair or no hair, MY SCALP WAS ON FIRE!!

And once again:



No comments:

Post a Comment