My Blog List

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm Losing My Hair

As a lot of people who know me know that I've been sporting my famous pompadour for a while now.



The pompadour hairstyle was brought to fame and named after King Louis XV of France's mistress (or one of them at least) Madame de Pompadour.


Although I've yet to see a picture of her actually sporting it.

It was probably most famous in the 40's and 50's.




Anyway, due to unfortunate events, I've had to make one of the hardest decisions of mon vie.

Yesterday, I asked my mother to put a perm/relaxer on my head.

If you're not familiar, you probably aren't black, but we use it basically as a chemical straightener you could say.



You are not to scratch your head before putting one on, as it will burn your scalp.

You are not to dye your hair for about 2 weeks before or after a perm (if you're black, of course) as it will cause your hair to fall out.

Well, I just wanted a quick perm to give my hair some extra oomph.

Problem is, my mother started engaging in a conversation JUST AS my scalp started to burn.

I called her, and called her, and called her.

She kept yelling back that she was looking at her shoes that just came in the mail, or the water wasn't warm enough for her to rinse it out yet.

Um, how does SHE know it's not WARM enough, it's MY head that's going to feel it!!

Eventually, I had to start rinsing it out myself. 

Having never done this, and my hair being on FIRE I was extremely nervous!!

I couldn't take it anymore, and I had just started rinsing it out.

I immediately applied shampoo, and all I can hear is my mother:

"You put shamPOO?!! NOT YET!! Don't you know how to rinse?"

Well, excuse me,  I asked for your help earlier!!

When the time came to ACTUALLY put the shampoo on, my head was sizzling from burning so bad and having water on it.

When the shampoo made contact with my scalp, it was a feeling that I NEVER want to feel again.

Just kill me first.

As well as when I applied conditioner.  
THREE DIFFERENT TYPES TOO!!

My hair didn't really do what I wanted yesterday, so I woke up this morning hoping to try again.

I did my hair as soon as the relaxer was removed, so I figured that had something to do with it. 

But now I'm confused.
My hair is so thin and relaxed now, that it won't even stick up!!

I'm black!!
That's not supposed to happen.

Now, I don't know WHAT to do.

I believe it is just fried along with my scalp.

I'm in so much SHOCK.

The only thing I can think of is to cut it into another style.

It sucks, but I can't go around looking like Shaka-Zulu.

And remember:

     
      

No comments:

Post a Comment