My Blog List

Friday, March 25, 2011

Battle: Los Angeles Review!!

On one of my bored days off, I spent the evening at the theater watching Battle: Los Angeles!!


The film was an excellent piece altogether.

The cast was good, yet interesting.
I never pictured singer, Neyo, in this sort of film.


He seems too much of a sissy pretty boy.

Michelle Rodriguez did her thang, and handled it.


She delivered as usual, being the only female member of the military in the film, and the only character in the military who wasn't in the Marines

I heard that this may be her last action film.

I'm hoping this isn't true, because, honestly, what else is she good at?

Let's not embarrass ourselves now, Ms. Rodriguez
Aaron Eckhart played the lead role!!


Showing the world that there IS business for him after The Dark Knight. 

Corey Hardrict, husband to Tia Mowry also had a big role in the film.


He was a sort of enemy to Eckhart's character.

 There were quite a few brothas in the film.

I was glad to see some color, however, were they trying to imply something about brothas and the military?

Much less the Marines?

I thought the children in the movie all did an outstanding job being scared and screaming.

  
Just like Dakota Fanning in War Of The Worlds!!

  
But the best part about the film was its non-stop action!!



Whenever one problem (threat) would be resolved (killed) another ensued shortly after.

It never ended!!
The special effects were up to par, minus when 2 soldiers (I believe one was Neyo's character) fell off of a freeway bridge, and hit the ground below.

It looked like the effects used when young witches and wizards would hit the floor after being knocked off the balance of their brooms while playing quidditch in the first Harry Potter film.

  IN 2001!!


Let's improve those effects, shall we?

The plot and storyline were excellent.

It was quite interesting and creative.

The attacking aliens (or drones) wanted our water.


I guess Earth is the only place with liquid H20, and they needed it to survive too.

Shit, can't we share at least?



There was a note that one soldier, played by Ramon Rodriguez wrote to his wife.
He folded it before the camera(viewer) is able to read what is said but at the top it was addressed to his "lovely wife."

The note is passed to 2 different people during the movie to give to his wife, but it never is shown that she received it.
So, I have NO idea what it even said.
And I'm not going to lie, that sort of irritates me.



I especially enjoyed the fact that it was all about a group of Marines at the same time as I hated that fact!!

I wish that the film showed different people's perspectives of the attack, and their stories.

Like a regular citizen's story (perhaps the man and woman found in the police station), a police officer, maybe a firefighter, a college student.

Not just all one group.

Maybe they all could have been linked together in the end?

But if they're going to focus on one military group, I'd rather it be the Marines any day.

Sad as it sounds, people were dropping like flies throughout the film.



There were so many characters introduced to the viewer, but not enough time to embrace them all before they were killed off.

I know I've already forgotten about some of the dead characters. 
 
Maybe they weren't supposed to be major characters.

I felt no sympathy for some who died, because I wasn't given the chance to get to know them before they were killed off.

My biggest issue with the film is its title.



Battle: Los Angeles

Why?

They were in Santa Monica the entire time.

They were HEADED for L.A. at the VERY end!!

They should have placed the characters deep into the city.

I wanted to see historical landmarks and giant buildings being destroyed.

I wanted to see chaos, mayhem, and havoc in the streets!!




But why do I even say I like this movie if I have so many (I don't want to say "negative") things to say about it?

Only because I simply loved it!!

I enjoyed it so much that I have to call out the parts I didn't like if that even makes any sense at all.

Think of the things that I would have done to make it better for my liking as the viewer had I been the writer.

This movie is gets 5 stars. 5.

I normally fall asleep at the theater no matter what.
 


But not this time (I did tune in and out a few times, however.)

This movie had me biting my nails, sitting straight up at the edge of my velvet cushioned seat!!

So much crazy action blasting at you at full force.

(War of the Worlds)

I think it had a better plot than War of the Worlds, but I wish it had came with something harder with its craziness.   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment