My Blog List

Monday, March 14, 2011

From the Cubs to the White Sox: How a Single Woman Changed My Views of Baseball

I believe in coincidence just as much as the next guy, but I also believe in copycats "influence seekers" (yes, I just made that up.)

Last March (2010) I traded in my loverly 2001 Chevrolet Suburban.

  
Her name was Emma Frost The White Queen.

I named her after the superhero who will be appearing in the upcoming X-Men: First Class!!

But we called her "Big Bessie" for short.

And I got my new baby, Zooey.

I am one who goes for what others won't when it comes to picking things out.

My car sort of found me, but its color was already a unique blue.
So, I was glad, because I didn't see any others like it.

I would run into a few with the same paint (and event he same engine) here and there not too long after that.



However, with my rims, 'twas easy for my friends to determine my car from others.


Until recently.

On 3 different occasions, I was informed by 3 different peers from school that someone is driving my car around campus.

MY CAR!!

The same one that I made sure was one of a kind!!

Now, I repeatedly asked one of the informative parties (the only boy, not to be sexist, but I figured he'd know more about what he was talking about) and he informed me that this other car indeed has black rims aussi.


I'm personally not too sure if that is justifiable or not, but all of this is enough to get me hot!!    

I'm not a huge fan of baseball, but I do love me a baseball game to watch here and there.

I never route for anyone in particular during the season.
I stay neutral.

When asked, I would tell people that I was a Cubs fan to avoid sounding like an idiot saying, "I don't have a team."

I personally thought the Cubs sort of sucked, but Chicago is where my dad's side of the family is from, and the Dodgers and the Angels is what we were forced to like as California kids, so I'm over them.

However, my dad gave me a sticker to place on my vehicle. I was especially appreciative, because I finally found a way to keep from having a total clone in the parking lot at school.

The only thing is, It's a White Sox sticker!!

People would always ask, "Why do you like the Cubs? Why not the Sox?"

I'm going to look like a total douche now.

But, oh well.

It looks great!!  


I will be a PROUD White Sox fan!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment