My Blog List

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hide Your Race

Because I am black, growing up my race has been mentioned the majority of the days that I've lived.

Whether it's people simply interested in the fact that I am black or that I am a different race period, it has come up.

Whites have brought it up, Hispanics have brought it up, biracial people have brought it up, other blacks, Asians, you get it.

But growing up I started to notice that race is brought up a little too often for my taste.

Why is it that race has to be brought up so often?
 In arguments, jokes, everyday conversations.

Who cares?

Too many people in this world racially profile.
They follow the stereotypes.

Why can't we live in a world where no one really pays attention to that sort of stuff unless they're sharing cultural facts or something?

Every race does it.
Whether it is done in a positive or negative way, every race does it.

I think it's a very huge problem here in America.


No comments:

Post a Comment