My Blog List

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Where Do We Stand?

We all know about the horrible earthquake over in Haiti.
Of course the nice thing to do is help out.

I really hope I do not offend anyone in this post, but I am tired of America rushing to the aid of others with their own are in need of help.

Haiti's crisis is unbelievable. The death count alone will have a person shiver.
I was not surprised when former leaders, present leaders, celebrities, and everyday citizens began donating to help out the country.

I was, however, surprised at HOW MUCH money was donated.

I felt terrible for our southerners when Hurricane Katrina happened.
But it seemed like no one else in the country did.

Those people were left helpless in big groups in closed areas.
Hurricane Katrina victims are still suffering today.
Is anyone helping them?
Is anyone even stopping to think about them?

Here we are in a recession.
An economic crisis.
But yet we're able to donate millions of dollars to a foreign country.

But when our country's money situation is not bad yet and  we have our own tragedy , America can't help out?

I had family over in Mississippi when the hurricane hit.
I had also lived there years ago, so this is kind of sentimental to me.
A victim and her family are still living in my family's double wide out in Mississippi.

I am not trying to imply that we shouldn't help other countries out.
I just don't like when people say things like, "Well, we are one of the richest countries in the world. It's our responsibility to help others."

Did God put Americans on this earth just to be rich and help out?
No.
We would have more morals as a country if that were the case.
We'd even be more stable.

Haiti is getting a lot of attention in America for what has happened.
I bet before this most Americans never even heard of the country.
Haiti gets a Hope Concert, and many other charities and donations.

Where was all of this money when we were drowning in New Orleans?

Not to mention that China helped out with donating money to Hurricane Katrina.
However, when they have an earthquake, the U.S. forked over some chub change, and basically gave the rest to Haiti.

Back stab to China, I think.

I just wanted to bring this subject to the attention of others.

What's more, celebrities and others alike just love going to foreign countries to adopt children.

Listen up, America: You want a black baby?
They're right in your neighborhood.
Longing for a family.
But they don't get one, because people are too busy going elsewhere.


You have to be a certain age to adopt a child in the U.S.
Sometimes you have to also be married.


But since they're not chosen as often, black children in the U.S. can be adopted by younger, single people.


How would you feel being a orphan, and knowing people out there want you, but would rather go to another country to do so?


Very tacky.


As I said before, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to prevent foreign aid in this country.


I just ask: How are we able to help others when we can't even help ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment